Κυριακή 13 Απριλίου 2008

Χελώνες




Who knew that there were wild tortoises in Greece? The skylakia found a poor tortoise and were tossing it about when I came back from my walk today. I grabbed them by the scruffs of their necks and quickly stuck the tortoise in my bag. Another one that had also suffered the same treatment was lying on the grass a little further. While both had scratches to their shells and gnaw-marks, they seemed to be fine for the most part. Some of the girls came and looked and there was much picture taking.


Since our skylakia are very sweet but rather energetic, I decided it would be best if the two tortoises were brought far away from them. So after a brief visit to our room, I took them out to a field but not without taking some pictures first


1 σχόλιο:

Emily είπε...

we both seem to have had the odd turtle run-in recently....