Τετάρτη 6 Φεβρουαρίου 2008

First Post

Welcome to my blog!
I begin this recording of thoughts and events to share my life here in Greece with my fiance Roderick, who will shortly be moving back to America in the months preceding our wedding. I also want to acknowledge the encouragements of my fabulous future sister-in-law Emily, whose own delightful blog will serve as a model for this one.
My time here in Ioannina has been wonderful so far and it will be a joy to share the wonders of this beautiful region of Greece (the Epirus) and to write about my experience of living in a foreign country that feels more like a home than my native land.
I've decided to call this blog 'Health and Joy' as a reference to the wish Greek people sometimes express when they part company with someone they meet. Darling Roderick, I wish you both of these in abundance until and after we meet again and want you to know that when you leave Greece and travel to Michigan, you will never be far away from my thoughts. Σ'αγαπώ πάρα πολύ!
Enjoy!

1 σχόλιο:

Emily είπε...

Horray!!!!!
I am so pleased :) We are all so delighted to have you in our family- me especially! Take wonderful care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your stay in Greece. You are spectacular!